B2B marketing organizations are now spending more than 25 percent of their budgets on the development, delivery and promotion of content to drive business leads, influence customer markets and grow brand presence and authority. Sales and channel organizations want more effective content marketing programs to prime new business pipelines and upsell and cross-sell customers. Marketers are striving to become facile and efficient publishers so they can build viral awareness, create more meaningful customer engagement, and underscore their value propositions and marketing claims.
Yet despite increased spending, most companies are still in the early stages of building the necessary strategies, processes, competencies, and best practices for effective content marketing. Too many organizations are still engaged in random acts of content development, without having implemented cohesive and effective strategies, customer-centric themes and platforms, efficient publishing and delivery capabilities, or the necessary content performance tracking systems.
The CMO Council’s Content ROI Center is a strategic interest community dedicated to the evolving discipline of content marketing. The center provides reports, whitepapers and case studies on content marketing best practices, trends and challenges.
- Effective strategies for ensuring relevance and engagement
- The power and potential of peer-driven affinity networks
- Tools and approaches for performance and ROI measurement
- Content channel development and tracking
- Social and SEO optimization
- Talent, resource, and organizational requirements
- Syndication, proliferation, and consumption strategies