The New Rules of Engagement
Customers—and their expectations for relevant exchanges and experiences with the brands they do business with—have forever changed the rules of engagement. To better understand the new mandates and realities that marketers face when engaging with today’s digitally connected customers, the CMO Council, in partnership with Bazaarvoice, has launched a thought leadership initiative aimed to understand both marketer and customer positions around the customer journey, customer loyalty and the insights needed to exceed expectations.
Among the topics to be covered in this research are:
- The channels, campaigns and tactics that are being deployed by marketing decision makers in an effort to influence shopping decisions and deepen customer loyalty, advocacy and trust
- The channels and media mix being used by brands that most effectively reach and engage customers—from the customer’s point of view—as well as what influences their buying decisions and what misses the mark
- The points of intelligence and insights that can aid marketers in establishing robust journeys, vetting and testing creative, and confirming customer experience strategies
- Trends in technology, from personalization to ad blocking, that are impacting the development of effective marketing strategies and customer journeys
- Where and how customers are delivering voice and customer-generated queues…and how marketers are understanding and accessing these signals as customers rewrite their own rules of engagement