Report will be released January 29, 2019.
The CMO Council has undertaken numerous studies that reveal the majority of CMOs are more focused on pre-sales cultivation, conversion and customer acquisition, rather than realizing a better return from existing relationships that can be more effectively monetized, scaled, and strengthened to reduce churn, defection and detraction.
In this regard, the CMO Council views customer value creation as all the elements that go into uplifting the customer experience and engendering a higher level of customer satisfaction, retention, repeat purchase and positive word-of-mouth. The CMO Council considers customer revenue optimization as those strategies, practices, techniques, data analytics, and insights that advance the profitability, return, value and longevity of customer relationships.
The scope of this program includes:
- Definition of the architecture and model for chief marketers and their internal ecosystem (other stakeholders) to generate greater customer value
- The types and importance of different data sources & analytics for customer value management and improvement
- The business drivers and business objective KPIs for customer value management and improvement activities
- Best practice profiles and reference cases across different industries
Through a quantitative audit and deep-dive interviews with senior marketing leaders in the telecommunications industry, this program explores how marketers can do more with their data and make better use of real-time insights, personalization, AI technologies, machine learning, cloud services and computing at the edge.
Key industry thought leaders included in this research include:
- Frederic Dufal | VP of Marketing Strategy | Orange
- Enzo Scarcella | COO | MTN
- Errol Vangraan | Chief Officer of Customer Operations | Vodacom
- Nilanjan Sarkar | GM, Consumer Business Unit, Vodafone
- Robin Seow | Head of Global Marketing | Singtel
- Chandrashekhar Singh Chauhan | CMO | Airtel
- Stefan Streit | GM, Global Marketing | TCL
- Jose Henriques | Strategic Advisor | Cell C
- Ayman Alnasif | Head of Expats | Saudi Telecom Company
Some of the key topics we are uncovering in this research initiative include:
- How marketers are centralizing and putting today’s deluge of data to work, as well as finding new ways to extract value from multiplying sources of insight (IoT, MarTech apps, third-party APIs) and unstructured content (both inside and outside the enterprise)
- Issues of data availability, accessibility, quality, timeliness, dependency, disorder, drag, delay and dysfunction
- The competitive imperative to leverage real-time, refined data for revenue growth, customer gratification and trusted decision support
- Helping functional business leaders review, value and prioritize data assets; gives them a self-assessment tool to identify most relevant sources of data, and determine what types, sources, formats, and interfaces would boost marketing and business performance
- Gaps and deficiencies in the data value chain as it results to customer journey, path to purchase, lifetime value, and end-to-end experience