Chatter Around Chat Intelligence And Customer Personalization
The year has been dominated by technology news around the artificial intelligence model Chat GPT launched by a AI research lab, Open AI. While the innovative AI is being tested and evaluated by many sectors, marketers have been embedding AI tech in CX systems to bolster customer experience in MarTech innovation for some years now.
Data analytics and AI are critical to creating richer CX. But marketing executives also know that however AI develops and is applied in MarTech, the human experience matters. It is this ability to balance digital advancements with authenticity which is peak marketing strategy today.
Many marketers understand that the road to exceptional data science/AI/machine learning capability is still far away, despite recent inventions which could benefit CX. The CX pinnacle is about crafting a message to a customer that moves them down the funnel directly to a transaction.
While the hype around developments in AI is warranted and it is exciting to imagine the opportunities that the future will bring, a reality check on capacity, challenges and concerns are key. These research reports from our evergreen content collection centre the C-suite marketer in current certainties:
- The research study, Data-Driven Decisioning Powers CX Forward, by the Chief Marketing Officer Council in collaboration with Deloitte Digital, takes a closer look at what’s involved in achieving ideal CX and AI to better understand where the challenges lie in both technology and talent; and what steps organizations should take to overcome them. Our findings are based on two surveys of over 300 marketing leaders across a wide range of industries. Find out why nearly seven out of 10 marketing leaders are still developing or defining their CX strategy; while a sobering 40% believe it will still take some time to deliver ideal CX. LEARN MORE>
- The global pandemic fast-tracked much of the digital innovation we are seeing in the market today, and in the study sponsored by HCL Software, CMO Council global membership shared their experiences of accelerated digital transformation during the pandemic years, and what it taught them. MarTech is the key to help CMOs gain customers, get personal and automate. Marketing investments demonstrate a priority to streamline operations while implementing effective targeting and engagement at the same time, reads the report, Sparking MarTech Migration + Digital Innovation, with marketing leader intentions and projections from Europe, Middle East, Africa and Latin America. LEARN MORE>
- In follow ups on the release of the Sparking MarTech Migration + Digital Innovation report, the CMO Council hosted three interactive EMEA Roundtables with digital marketing transformation leaders in London, Dubai and Johannesburg. The discussions focused on the struggles to centralize, protect, share, and better use customer data, brand assets, market intelligence and best practice knowledge across their global organizations. READ MORE>
- Taking the MarTech Migration discussion further along in a webinar, marketing leaders were asked if they were prioritizing and spending wisely on MarTech? With tighter resources working against sky-high expectations, CMOs need to make smart investments in MarTech, and not just chase the latest and greatest innovation out there with the most column centimetre coverage. WATCH HERE>
- Next generation experience personalization will maximize growth and increase customer loyalty through experience personalization. In the CMO Council report with partners Deloitte Digital, Embrace Meaningful Personalization to Maximize Growth, insights on the value of personalized CX reveals the gaps CMOs need to close to take advantage of the opportunity to delve deeper into human experiences for customers. LEARN MORE>
Editorial Director, CMO Council
Louise has 25 years’ experience in B2B publishing as an award-winning editor, columnist and journalist on media brands in Africa; also working with brands/NGOs as a content strategist. She is currently Editorial Director of the CMO Council; lectures in Marketing & Advertising Communications at Red & Yellow School of Creative Business in Cape Town, SA; and writes and edits retail brand blog RetailingAfrica.com. She holds a Masters in Commerce: Strategy and Organisational Dynamics, from University of KwaZulu Natal, in conjunction with Copenhagen Business School in Denmark and UK Open University.