Marketing and Security Collaboration
Navigating Recent Developments through the CMO-CISO Partnership: Strengthening Customer and Employee Experiences in a Dynamic Landscape
The extraordinary 60% increase in digital ad revenue observed by the Dutch public broadcaster, Nederlandse Publieke Omroep, after removing tracking cookies from their website, showcases the potential of a cohesive CMO-CISO collaboration. Establishing brand credibility through these partnerships can not only enrich the customer experience but also foster customer loyalty, derive meaningful insights into customer behavior, and elevate employee experiences through the cultivation of a proactively compliant culture.
Amid an ever-evolving digital landscape marked by recent developments, such as the impending phasing out of third-party cookies, ever-growing privacy and security concerns, and the GDPR, CISOs can effectively guide CMOs. By working together, they solidify a secure foundation for customer data, facilitate stronger and more reliable customer engagements, and create an optimal environment for both customers and employees.
The latest CMO Council research, conducted in partnership with KPMG, delves into redefining the CMO-CISO relationship in the context of these topical developments. The study emphasizes the pivotal role of customer confidence in enhancing customer experience (CX) and employee experience (EX) and explores:
- Opportunities for CMOs and CISOs to forge collaborative efforts in building customer confidence, navigating recent digital marketing changes, and strengthening customer experiences.
- Key alignment initiatives and relationship competencies that promote a compliant and customer-centric internal culture amid the evolving landscape.
- Strategies to align mutual objectives and yield outstanding outcomes, keeping up with the recent developments in the digital realm for customers and employees alike.
Our analysis will specifically focus on:
- The impact of a credible brand on customer experience in the context of the phasing out of third-party cookies and other recent changes, subsequently affecting a company's immediate financial health, customer lifetime value, and employee productivity/confidence.
- Identifying areas with potential for improved alignment, collaboration, and performance enhancement in critical capabilities while staying up-to-date with recent developments in the privacy and security realm.
- Formulating solutions to overcome challenges in establishing a flourishing CMO-CISO collaboration that can effectively address and adapt to the dynamic digital landscape, fostering the best experience for both the customer and the employee.
This enlightening initiative is designed to highlight methods organizations can adopt to enhance the CMO-CISO working relationship amidst current developments and seize novel data marketing opportunities. By fostering customer confidence in an ever-changing context, companies can drive significant improvements in customer and employee experiences, ultimately augmenting the overall value of the brand.